
Glory and I went to Cincinnati this weekend to visit family. My Aunt Jan hosted two parties in two days; my cousin Timothy's 21st bday party and my cousin Sam's fiance's baby shower. It is always fun to see the whole fam and to catch up. It was the first time my grandparents had met Glory, so it was a special trip.
Both parties went off without a hitch, despite all the rain that was called for...not a drop!
However, at the end of the baby shower on Sunday the wind started to pick up. And pick up, and pick up. Soon the power was out. Limbs were flying. Trees were falling. My sister left for St. Louis...and came back. No gas. Meaning no gas in the CITY. It was crazy. I decided not to go home that night. Ends up the greater Cincinnati area and Kentucky had no power. And no school on Monday. Seriously. It was like Little House on the Prarie. We went to the barn to grill a frozen pizza and got ready for bed by candlelight (although I have a feeling frozen pizza was not on the menu in those days...). I got up at 5am, fed Glory and drove home. The wind storm was over, but I had to get to the highway through intersections without working stoplights. It was wierd...like a ghost town.
Anyway, I'm home and glad I waited to leave. It was an interesting weekend! We did have fun and I did get to eat my Skyline Chili before things got hairy!
Thanks for having me, Aunt Jan! Love you all -




1 comment:
wow! What a trip! Sounds like an adventure. Great pictures!
Post a Comment