
Ok, so you know the book by Jessica Seinfeld, Deceptively Delicious? Well, I have been wanting to check it out, but do not have funds to buy it and do not dare to venture into the Library with my two young ones in tow...that has disaster written all over it...
ANYWAY, when Kevin has "away" soccer games I certainly do not cook a nice or even decent meal for Dane and I. Typically I relish in the quick and ever-so-pleasing box of Mac-n-Cheese. But let me tell you, along with that little box comes a lot of guilty feelings. "Processed cheese, processed cheese" chants my guilty conscience. I justify these feelings by buying the organic kind and serving a side of green beans. Yet, to no avail, the guilty conscience still haunts me.
Tonight I had the bright idea of adding some kind of veggie to the Mac-n-Cheese - artichokes! I mean why, not? I love artichokes...who doesn't? Toddlers of course!
Dane is a weird eater. He was the baby who loved ALL veggies. He ate mashed avocado and breast milk with zest at 7 months and all the staples; peas, green beans, squash, corn, sweet potatoes, even lentils with rice! Now he is starting to be the picky guy. While he refuses broccoli and peas, he loves green beans. He eats hummus like it's going out of style, but despises cauliflower. He eats mushrooms on pizza and adores black olives and lettuce, yet hates carrots. For the life of me, I cannot figure this kid out.
So tonight I did add the chopped artichokes, a WHOLE big can of them. And Dane couldn't have been happier! Thrill of thrills! Now I want more tricks! Gimme tricks!
2 comments:
Ok, that is awesome! Nice work! I too needed to find ways to spice up mac n cheese. I'm going to try that. I love artichokes!
Wow!...you are way further along then me. I can't hide vegetables in anything. My kids are anti-vegetable. Good Work!
Post a Comment