I have always enjoyed keeping a diary or journal, but let's face it: these days I spend more time on the computer than writing in a little book. I admit it is sad, but at least I am going to try and keep some kind of record of my day to day life. Right now my day to day life consists of taking care of baby Dane and trying to keep the apartment clean. I also try to get a meal on the table if Kevin does not have a soccer game.
Dane is four and a half months old and had his four month check up this morning. Kev and I KNEW he was teething, but we were reassured this morning that indeed he is! That felt good cause people keep telling me it is "too early." The doc showed us that you can even see the white teeth showing under him gums. Poor little guy...he keeps grabbing his gums and actually pulling on them. It seems like during the late afternoon it is the worst. He goes through moods of elation, frustration, to all out crying - "I'm in pain!" Otherwise he is a healthy boy - he took his shots well and only cried for about 30 seconds. He is in the 50th percentile for both weight and height, a normal baby! The doc also said I can begin some cereal feedings...which I will do soon. It is sort of sad to move onto solids already! I think I am going to wait until he is five months so I can fully prepare with buying a high chair and researching some more. Of course I have high expectations to make all of Dane's food myself (we'll see how long that lasts), so I have to hit the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment