Thursday, May 17, 2007

100% BOY







As you can see from the above pictures, Dane is 100% boy. This child already loves to eat, play with electronics, and be a general houdini!

First of all, Dane has started some yummy solid foods and he LOVES them! We started with some baby rice cereal for about six days. Now we are onto SWEET POTATOES! Yum! He is doing really well with the spoon and opens wide when he sees it coming. Of course it is messy cause he likes to grab the spoon and then suck the food off his fingers. It is too cute.

I have been reading a great book, Super Baby Foods by Ruth Yaron - love it! Making baby food is actually really easy, cheaper than jarred, and tons healthier. It really does not take much time and it makes me feel in control of what I am putting into Dane's system.

His latest favorite thing is the cell phone! Seriously, what is SO great about it!?!? The screen lights up, it is shiny and it makes noise, that's what! Besides constantly trying to grab our cell phones Dane has taken a liking to my hair. It is killing me...he grabs a huge fistful every chance he gets and stuffs it into his mouth.

Now for the funny/scary part - Dane's crib antics AND his in general squirmy "I can roll over now" self. Yesterday Dane was taking longer than usual to fall asleep for a nap. I went in to check on him and low and behold he is in there sideways with his feet up as if to say, "Um, Mom, where is the remote?" It was funny and I grabbed the camera and caught him in the act. His expression is a riot.

The scary part is now that he is rolling over, he is doing it every chance he gets. I am not used to watching his every move! This morning I put him on the bed as I got his bath ready (like usual) and I came back to find him on his tummy with one leg hanging off the bed! I felt like such a bad parent... I have learned my lesson - I have a little Houdini on my hands - I have to watch his every move.

No comments: