




Our little family continues to enjoy the summer Up North. It has been a treat to have my sister here as well. She has been so helpful with Dane and he loves her so much! I have not had the luxury of having my mom around to babysit or just help out in general, but Libby is picking up the slack in the department! I have even starting going to a yoga class that takes place outside every Friday morning with the Lake as our focal point, it is WONDERFUL. These little moments to myself make me a better mom, however, are few and far between.Kevin has been working for an uncle in Elk Rapids with one of his cousins. He never stops working in order to support us...a quality that I feel so blessed to have in a husband! They are doing painting and construction on another of Kevin's uncle's new cottages. Hard work, but at least he can take time off when he really needs to.
On Thursday we head to Cincinnati for my cousin Jenny's wedding. Most of my mom's side of the family has yet to meet Dane, so it will be an exciting trip. Getting together with my mom's family is always a trip...guaranteed.
Libby has been taking TONS of pics of Dane that are SO darling. If you don't know Lib, then you do not know her eye for photography. She's awesome! Hopefully I can get those pics from her soon and post some. For now, though, just some shots I have taken.
The pic of Kevin and Dane was taken on Father's day.
About the life jacket pic: this was taken during a sailing regatta here at Torch Lake. It was Dane's first boat ride! Life jackets for infants suck because babies have no necks to stretch out. Dane hated this jacket, as you can tell, and it looked like his head was going to pop off! It was kind of funny, but I also felt really sorry for him being so uncomfortable. My dad and I ended up unzipping it and making sure we had a tight hold on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment