Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy at Home

My Grandma and the kids crafting 
 Grady, Dane, Glory, Audrey
 Trouble times four
 Union Terminal

 Cincinnati Children's Museum fun















 Aunt Janet and Glory
 Libby "Neema" and Dane
My cousin Sam, Carly, my Grandparents 
 Mike, Libby, Dane
Aunt Janet and Aunt Nonnie

From Thursday to Monday my kids and I went to Cincinnati to visit with my mom's side of the family. Normalcy feels good, okay? I feel comfort around them. Nothing is perfect, and normal is only relative these days, BUT... We can just be ourselves. I miss them. Great times, great memories, great feelings.

Now here we are back at home. My kids on Spring Break with the whole week stretching out in front of us. We are embracing 35 degrees with a passion! Hats and coats, snow boots or rain boots, the playground or driveway, bagels and the Fat Tuesday doughnuts... Still more to come; playdates, a trip to the library, oh, and the endless hours of pretend play.

Today - as Dane gets stuck riding his bike, "Mom! Stop! Wait, I'm out of gas!"
And Glory, as she pretends to take a picture of me with a toy kaleidoscope "you looked away, mom! Do it again!"

Priceless days.

No comments: