Thursday, September 27, 2007

croup

My poor little man has croup! Yesterday Kevin and I noticed Dane coughing a bit...it was a loose cough and he had no other symptoms, so we were just waiting it out. Last night he woke up at about midnight and his little cry was very hoarse and his cough sounded very barky. So we stuck him in bed with us to keep an eye on him. At 4am I woke to hear him breathing VERY heavily. When we looked at his chest and saw him constricting, it was all I needed to see to go to the hospital. Before Dane's heart surgery, he constricted like that and I know babies should not work that hard to get oxygen.

Luckily we caught it early and Dane did not need breathing treatments or an oxygen tent, just some medicine and we were on our way home! A blessing considering some of our other hospital visits. He still sounds like a heavy smoker, but he is doing just fine.

Other updates:

Dane still is crying for long spells when I leave him

He is learning to "share," he shares his Cheerios with me and he gives me this little bear he has to give it kisses

He is pulling himself up on all the furniture. I have some pics, but I will have to post them later!

1 comment:

Flee said...

OH! that is so scary! I'm glad that everything is going to be fine. What a little cutie, he looks so handsome.